IERS Global Geophysical Fluids Centre
The Global Geophysical Fluids Center (GGFC) was established by the International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service (IERS). Three operational special Bureaus (SB) have been selected, each responsible for research and data service activities pertaining to mass transports in the atmosphere, oceans, and hydrological systems. A fourth SB, related to mass changes in combined systems, e.g. atmosphere and oceans has also been created. The new Non-Operational components contains models of the core, mantle, and tides that do not change regularly.
In 2012, the GGFC issued a Call for new products and for Chair of Science Support Component (PDF, 65KB).
- Web site:
- Primary scientist and representative to the IERS Directing Board:
- Special Bureaus:
- IERS Global Geophysical Fluids Centre
- Jean-Paul Boy
- Ecole et Observatoire des Science de la Terre (EOST)
- Institut de Physique du Globe de Strasbourg (IPGS)
- 5 rue René Descartes
- 67084 Strasbourg Cedex
- Phone: +220.127.116.11.01.09