Second GGOS Unified Analysis Workshop
Grand Hyatt, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA, 11 - 12 December 2009
The detailed programme is available.
Workshop Scope, Goals, Participation and Sessions:
An important goal of GGOS is to advance the combination and integration of the various space and insitu geodetic techniques. This goal can only be achieved with the help of all the IAG Services, and especially the IERS and IGFS.
Even if considerable progress has been made in the effort to rigorously combine the various space geodetic techniques (e.g. with the realization of ITRF2005, making use of a new approach based on time series of weekly/session SINEX files), there are still many deficiencies (missing parameters), inconsistencies and systematic effects to be addressed.
The workshop is intended to be a forum for the exchange of information and results concerning both,
- problems common to more than one service and
- problems specific to an individual service
For a successful combination of the space geodetic techniques, experts of a certain technique have to be familiar with the critical issues of the other techniques. Therefore, the workshop should increase the common understanding of the individual techniques as they contribute to GGOS.
As in the case of the Unified Analysis Workshop (UAW) of 2007 , the participation in the UAW 2009 is based on invitation, i.e., the Services decide on the persons to represent them during the workshop.
The workshop is organized in the following four sessions:
- Session 1: Products by the Services, GGOS Portal and Metadata (including portal and meta data)
- Session 2: Modelling Deficiencies and Modelling Based on External Data (Atmosphere, Ocean, ...)
- Session 3: Combination Strategies, Common Parameters and Combined Products
- Session 4: Network Simulations and Analyses